Friday, May 10, 2013

Fall Out Boy (3) - Week of May 4, 2013


So it’s obviously been a bit of a rough week when this is the first chance I got to fill you all in on the countdown universe.  Before we get on to this week’s Fresh 45, here’s a list of all the songs we’re saying good-bye to this week:
  • The Script Ft. will.i.am - Hall of Fame
  • Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait
  • Phil Phillips - Home (DTHNOBx2)
  • Maroon 5 - Payphone (!!!)
The Countdown:

1. Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light 'em Up) (#2) [Third Week at #1]
2. Pink Ft. Nate Reuss - Just Give Me a Reason (#1)
3. Macklemore Ft. Ryan Lewis - Thrift Shop (#4)
4. Olly Murs - Troublemaker (#3)
5. Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child (#8)
6. Bruno Mars - When I Was Your Man (#5)
7. Ke$ha - C'mon (#5)
8. Pitbull Ft. Christina Aguilera - Feel This Moment (#10)
9. Taylor Swift - 22 (#11)
10. Icona Pop - I Love It (#13)
11. Demi Lovato - Heart Attack (#9)
12. fun. - Carry On (#12)
13. Macklemore Ft. Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us (#17)
14. Hot Chelle Rae - Hung Up (#14)
15. Little Mix - Wings (#15)
16. Muse - Madness (#18)
17. MKTO - Thank You (#21)
18. Anna Kendrick - Cups (#20)
19. PSY - Gentleman (#36)
20. Capital Cities - Safe and Sound (#16)
21. Selena Gomez - Come & Get It (#32)
22. fun. - Some Nights (RE-ENTRY)
23. Jake Miller - A Million Lives (#22)
24. Florida Georgia Line - Cruise (#25)
25. Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell and T.I. - Blurred Lines (#24)
26. The 1975 - Chocolate (#27)
27. Krewella - Alive (#28)
28. Kelsi Luck - That's What I Like (#23)
29. Zedd Ft. Foxes - Clarity (#30)
30. Awolnation - Sail (#31)
31. Lupe Fiasco Ft. Guy Sebastian - Battle Scars (#19)
32. Ke$ha - Die Young (#34)
33. Drop City Yacht Club - Crickets (DEBUT)
34. Bruno Mars - Locked Out of Heaven (#45)
35. Imagine Dragons - It's Time (#35)
36. Daft Punk - Get Lucky (DEBUT)
37. Maroon 5 - Daylight (#29)
38. Tegan & Sara - Closer (#26)
39. Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks (#7)
40. Calvin Harris Ft. Florence Welch - Sweet Nothing (#40)
41. Lumineers - Ho Hey (#44)
42. Chiddy Bang - Happening (#43)
43. Emeli Sande - Next to Me (#42)
44. Cher Lloyd - With Ur Love (#38)
45. Cee Lo Green - Only You (RE-ENTRY)

Biggest DDDDDDRRRRROOOOOPPPPP!!!!....of the week: Of Monsters and Men – Little Talks (-32)
Biggest Jump of the Week: PSY – Gentleman (+17)

We’ve got (::yawn::) resurrections this week from fun. – Some Nights (all the way up at #22) and Cee Lo Green – Only You, so we’ve only got a couple new ones to touch on.  Daft Punk – Get Lucky is somewhat repetitive, but has a catchy underlying beat, and I have to say that I’m a fan of all the voice modulation and other effects.  I haven’t given this one quite enough spins, and will try to comment on it in a later installment.  Drop City Yacht Club – Crickets is the other new entrant and it’s in a similar boat.  I hate to cop out like this twice on the only new music, but I’ve been absurdly pressed for time and haven’t really given it a large amount of thought, and to be honest, both of these songs probably deserve more than I’ve been able to put in.

Blurb Notice

- Swedish House Mafia – Don’t You Worry Child seems to be enjoying a nice second win these days.

- Calvin Harris Ft. Florence Welch – Sweet Nothing needs to go away.  I don’t take back what I said when it debuted….it’s the first non-terrible thing Calvin Harris has contributed to this countdown.  But I only had so much tolerance for it, and that’s expired now.

- I have yet to hear The 1975 – Chocolate actually air on Hits-1, countdown or otherwise.  Obviously it has to stay my #1 Editor’s Pick at least until it happens.  Kinda hard to get sick of something you don’t hear.

- If anyone hasn’t seen the segment of Ke$ha on Conan from last week, it was something to see.  I walked away from that and thought, “Wow.  THAT got a higher SAT score than me.”

- Seriously, Kelsi Luck - That's What I Like is absurdly terrible.  Who is voting for this song?

- Sorry again about the abridgedness/tardiness.  Hopefully I’ll find more time next week.

Editor’s Picks – Top 5 Songs
1) The 1975 – Chocolate
2) Demi Lovato – Heart Attack
3) Krewella – Alive
4) Zedd Ft. Foxes - Clarity
5) Capital Cities – Safe and Sound

No comments:

Post a Comment